Very Berry Lemon Cheesecake
So…Week number four of THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF and Lucy and Portlebay Popcorn have got a tad over excited and done some more baking!!
The plus side of this? You guys get a chance to win some more Lucy Granola and Portlebay Popcorn #bakeon
Take a look at our social media for more information!
We decided to be a little bit brave this week and go for a cheeky cheesecake … our main concern? Not having a soggy bottom. To overcome this fear we decided to use Lucy’s Glowing and Golden Granola as the prime base ingredient. Of course this was partially due to our granola addiction also.
Our second addiction (Popcorn of course!) was satisfied when we debated the toppings. We had the brittle crunch from the base and the smooth and silky texture of the cheesecake so we knew we needed something light but crisp…voila…PORTLEBAY POPCORN come at us! (Find these beautiful little snacks here --> http://www.portlebaypopcorn.com). Flavour wise we went for Sherbet Lemon and Very Berry to compliment the citrus of the cheesecake and the fruitiness of the granola base (the Glowing Granola incorporates beetroot and baobab). You’ll be surprised just how flavourful these little pieces of popped goodness are!
Okay, so on to Lucy’s recipe…
· 3 cups granola (we recommend Golden Granola or Glowing Granola)
· 1 cup melted coconut oil
· 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews
· Juice of one lemon
· 1/2 cup coconut oil
· 1/2 cup almond milk
· 3 Tbsp Yacon syrup or maple syrup
· Several handfuls of your favourite Portlebay Popcorn - we recommend the VERY BERRY and LEMON SHERBET
· Fresh fruits
· Crush the granola (using a rolling pin and bag) until you hit your preferred consistency - we recommend fine so as to ensure a structured base but with some good old granola crunches in there
· Mix with the melted coconut oil
· Press mixture firmly onto the base of a circular tin - try to ensure no gaps are visible and it is firmly packed
· Place in the freezer for 45 minutes
· Place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until a smooth but thick consistency
· Continue to add milk if you feel the consistency is too thick to blend
· Place on top of the granola base and put back in the freezer for 3 hours
· Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and decorate as you wish!
· The more toppings the better in our opinion - the strawberries added a beautiful juiciness whilst the Popcorn - OH WOW - added the perfect kick of tanginess and sweetness!!
Now head over to Lucy's and Portlebay's social media to take a look at our latest competition, where we challenge you to bake and share your weekly treats!!